Any emails that you send to customers to verify using DirectID will be sent using this Panel. When you send an email in this way, you are actually generating an email that's been designed with your company branding and, crucially, contains a unique link that will then identify the recipient on your Dashboard.
Emailing customers is straightforward. You simply need to:
- Enter the recipient's email address.
- Enter the recipient's name only if the email template was designed to address the customer by name (i.e. 'Hello Susan').
- Enter the customer reference - this might be the application ID or user ID that you use in your business. It's an identifier that means something to your team. You can then connect the results with the user on your system. Some businesses use either email address, name, address or a customer number. Please note this field cannot contain the symbols < > * & % : \ ? as these will cause an error.
- The Sender Address and Sender Name fields will be prefilled.
- If more than one email template is available, select the correct option from the drop-down menu.
- Remember to click "Send"!
When you click send you'll see popup notifications verifying that the email was sent successfully.