If a User has any difficulty using DirectID, it is best to start by reviewing a few common areas. Sometimes these will fix the issue. If not, the answers will provide us with the information that we need to investigate further.
- The date and time of failed attempt/issue
- The URL that your user normally uses to log into bank (e.g. https://bank.barclays.co.uk/olb/auth/LoginLink.action)
- Which bank name did the User select in the Widget?
- Any error message or code that the user saw
- What was the user's experience? Did it feel like it stalled or stopped? Did it seem to go through completely then get a 'whoops' message? What stage number did it stop on?
- How many times did the user attempt to login using the Widget (and on their bank website)?
If you need to escalate an issue to us, please share the following information with us:
- ConsentID - e.g. 61cd81b7-8267-4e5x-c15f-08f8f8d2g291 , without a consentID it is impossible for our support team to identify the specific user and troubleshoot .
- The customer_ref - a reference for the end user going through the DirectID Connect journey that some of our customers add during integration in order to identify specific users with their own internal reference number. Not all customers assign their users with unique customer_ref so please check with your development team.
- Answers to the questions above if you managed to speak to the end user.