If a user has trouble using DirectID, we recommend asking the questions below. Sometimes the answers reveal the cause. If not, they allow us to investigate further.
Questions for the user
- What were the date and time of the failed attempt or issue?
- What URL do you use to log in to your bank? (such as https://bank.barclays.co.uk/olb/auth/LoginLink.action)
- What bank name did you select in the Widget?
- Did you see any error message or code?
- What was your general experience? Did it feel like it stalled or stopped? Did the process seem to finish and then show an error message?
- How many times did you try to log in with the Widget (and on your bank website)?
If you need more help with an issue, please contact support with the following:
- ConsentID: We need this to identify the specific user. An example is 61cd81b7-8267-4e5x-c15f-08f8f8d2g291.
- Customer_ref: Your company may assign this to Widget users as an internal reference number. You may not have a unique customer_ref, so please check with your development team.
- Answers to the above questions for the user if you managed to speak to them.